Wk 15 of ’23




Monday was another public holiday – Easter Monday, so it was a quiet day spent together with my Wife.

Tuesday – uneventful. Did exciting things like laundry and housework, and I collected our online order for groceries.
My knee is really hurting today.

Andrew the irrigation guy came and worked today and has installed the irrigation for the big veggie garden.
It’s going to make getting the watering done down there a lot easier.

Wednesday I emailed the Surgeons receptionist again, as I have now been waiting about two weeks to get some forms from the Surgeon, to investigate some pain I’ve been having since surgery.
I have at least got the ultrasound forms now, to check out the liver lesions that were discovered when I had my recent laparoscopic surgery.

I’ve booked my liver scan for 18/4 in our local town, which is the earliest I could get in.
My knee is agony today and I’ve only slept a couple of hours overnight due to pain from both my belly and my knee, plus restless legs.
In not in a particularly good mood to be honest…

Thursday – we went out to dinner last night and as usual I had a little bit off my Wifes plate.
Four chips and a small slice of chicken.
I ended up having a small vomit in the pub loo as the chicken didn’t sit too happily in my belly.

My knee was probably the worst it’s been when I woke this morning.
Physio visit was thankfully already booked for today.
I just don’t feel a lot of confidence in this new physio though…

However – I did get the second referral emailed to me from my surgeons receptionist finally!!
I’ve booked an appointment for 20/04

Friday – had to go into town twice, because I took the bus for a drive and my scripts which I had gone in to get filled, were in the other car
Got ½ price chobani.
Mowed the house-yard.
Fell over and landed on both knees.

Saturday – we headed down to Palm Cove for a couple of days break.
We’ve been looking forward to it.
Lunch at the top pub and for dinner we shared some fish and chips.

Sunday we had breakfast at Petes – the local cafe on the corner.
We shared a big breakfast, and it was pretty yummy.
Tomorrow we head back home, and we’ll collect the dogs from the kennels on the way.

The rain has come back in, but I haven’t checked how long its expected to last this time, yet.
At least the plants got watered while we were away 🙂



I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above post! Please leave me a note below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :)

This function has been disabled for Simple Life Farmer.