So it’s the end of day 3 of flying solo.
We know how day one went, but yesterday was better.
I’ve managed to do a few things on my list – so I’m pretty happy with that!
– no ciggie has passed my lips since day 1 ✔
– tattoo touch-up done ✔
– vacuumed out the car ✔
– have made stuffed mushrooms and tortellini, and pepper risotto for dinner, the last two nights. ✔
– watched 4 episodes back-to-back of “Winners & Losers” ✔
– all the crap is off the patio and back in the workshop where it belongs ✔
– I’ve done some serious cleaning inside ✔
– I’ve watered the plants on the back deck. ✔
– tonight, with no-one here but me, I’ve had my first voddies in months, and am sooooo feelin’ the buzz! ✔
– I have loud music on, I’m dancing by myself, and it’s a nice rockin vibe. ✔
– I’ve had some nice 1/1 talks with my Patrick, which always grounds me ✔
– AND, I’ll be in bed early, cos I’m trashed!!
G’nite day 3….
Day one of flying solo:
Got up at 3am to drive an hour & a half down the range to drop the Mrs off to the airport.
Saw the plane off, then drove back up the hill, and went …….. to work!!
Meetings that were supposed to be on yesterday ended up being rescheduled for today, so my day off didn’t happen.
I’m now in the midst of cooking up a spaghetti bolognese for dinner, having had a shower when I got home from work – and am freezing – which is always a definite sign with me, that exhaustion is kicking in 😐
I don’t think it I’ll be staying up late tonight…
*note to self: must remember to feed the animals.
(not usually my ‘job’ lol)
Soooo – next weekend, I get to have a few days to myself — sooo, what to de eh!!??!!
Our grandson turns 3 next week, and there is going to be a party held in his honour.
But…I’m not going.
We’ve decided that my Wife will go on her own, and I’ll hold down the fort here.
Plus, it’s just not my kind of scene…
a) it’s out of town
b) we have to fly and drive to get there
c) I don’t happen to believe in having a big ‘piss-up‘ party, for a three year old.
But we do need to make an appearance of some sort – so the Mrs gets to do the honours this time round.
So this week I get to plan out how I’d like to spend the time flying solo, and I’ve decided I’m going to make it some good ole fashioned ME time!!!
(we’ll see how it all pans out I guess lol)
What I’d like to do:
– get rid of the ciggies in my system
– get 2 of my tattoos touched up
– have a bath
– do some gardening
– catalogue some books
– clean out the cars
– watch some junk television
– maybe even hang some art
Sometime next week, I’ll try remember to check in and we’ll see just what I did end up doing…
Probably nothing on the list!! 😐